Nov 23, 2017

Life is better at sea

I grew up in an island, called Suomenlinna sea fortress. It's a beautiful place, good place to grow up. There's approx. 900 people living there and there's a elementary school there as well. I studied the first 6 grades there, and the school had 73 students. It's still there but I reckon they have fewer student's nowadays. Among them my 11 year old sister and 9 year old brother.

Suomenlinna is in the heart of Helsinki, it takes 15 mins by boat to get there from the CBD, and especially for tourists it's the place to go. There's heaps of museums and the architecture is beautiful. So much history in one place. My father and 3 of my siblings still live there.

Maybe that's why I always gravitate towards the sea. Something about oceans make me calm and I feel like home. My apartment in Helsinki is also located by the beach and here in Australia I always wanna go by the ocean.

People in Helsinki have cruising and boats close to their hearts. It's easy and fun and part of most peoples lives. I used to take a day cruise to Estonia at least 6 times a year. Cruises to Sweden are a weekend trip but I've done that too for multiple times. Luckiest people also have their own boats and going to an nearby island by the boat and make a barbeque is one of the best part of Finnish summer.





On this Monday, I had a work Christmas party. It was on a massive party boat that took off from the Sydney harbor. I have to admit I didn't expect it to be as good as it was. The theme was white, and everything was decorated white and everyone was wearing white. Except me. I was close though. I didn't want to stand out but I really don't have anything white in my wardrobe. I have a T-shirt and a basic top but I can't wear those to a party this exclusive.








There was a burger buffet, Taco buffet and a Buddha bowl buffet. Since I'm always hungry, free food do I need to say more? Also trays and trays of wine, sparkling wine, ciders and beers.
Despite free drinks, I had 3 drinks. I need a reason to drink.



The day turned out to be beautiful and it was actually hot on the boat. Good music and happy people.
I've worked with this current restaurant chain for 3 weeks, so I reckon the party would've been even better with a good friend.

Compared to previous work Christmas parties the cruise was absolutely amazing.

Sea you later. Ha ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment